CANINE AND FELINE GROOMING.
Grooming is not only an aesthetic issue, by keeping the skin and hair clean, free of parasites, dirt and knots greatly influences the hygiene, health and welfare of our animals.
Our grooming services guarantee quality and personal attention to the hygiene and aesthetics of your pet. Furthermore, we can advise on how to keep your dog or cat's coat in the best condition, according to their specific needs (breed, type of hair coat, skin condition).
We have a variety of hair-type specific shampoos and guarantee a better service and proper maintenance and hygiene of hair and skin of your pet.
TYPES OF GROOMING SERVICES:
Small: up to 7.5 kilos
Medium: 7.5 to 15kilos
Large: 15 to 24 kilos
Extra Large: 24 kilos and over
1. Wash and Tidy: This is a good brushing, nail trimming, ear cleaning, full shampoo, emptying anal glands and a basic trim of hair on the face and legs.
2. Wash and Clipping/Stripping: Includes all of the above but with full coat clipping or, if the breed requires (wire hair breeds) then coat stripping (see below for explanation of technique)
3. Specific breed styling: Includes all of the above but tailoring the cut according to the breed standard and customer choice.
4. Cats: Thorough brushing, cleaning ears, trimming legs and face if needed in long-haired breeds. Full clipping if needed due to extensive matting.
Prices are always approximate, we can not give exact prices before seeing the animal as this will vary depending on several things:
• The length and condition of the coat: a knotted, dirty coat in poor condition will require more work than a coat in good condition.
• The type of cut: A clipping with scissors is always more laborious but in many cases preferable than shaving .
• Behaviour: A pet who is accustomed to being groomed and is cooperative will result in a quicker grooming session. We treat each animal with care, patience and understanding because our main objective is that the animal has a good grooming experience and will gradually become accustomed..even if they are nervous to start
Stripping is a painless process of pulling the dead hair out of the coat of a non-shedding dog, either by using a stripping knife or the fingers. A hard, wiry coat has a cycle where it starts growing and then sheds as it reaches maximum length. Hand-stripping coordinates the shedding and makes room for a new coat to grow. Stripping is the proper grooming method for most terriers, spaniels, and many other breeds. The hair is removed with either a stripping knife or stripping stone, with the top coat removed to reveal the dense, soft undercoat.
Back to top